Friday, March 23, 2012

Q & A with yours truly about all things Nole - Part 2



What are your top 3 all-time favourite photos of Nole?

    Image



What are some of your favourite songs that relates to Nole?

My all-time favourite song for Nole is  "Aint' No other Man" by Christina Aquilera cause the lyrics describe perfectly how I feel about him and it's such a cool song.




"Ain't No Other Man" lyrics

Just do your thang honey!

I could feel it from the start,
Couldn't stand to be apart.
Something about you caught my eye,
Something moved me deep inside!
Don't know what you did boy but
You had it and I've been hooked ever since.
I told my mother, my brother, my sister and my friend
I told the others, my lovers, both past and present tense.
Everytime I see you everything starts making sense.

Just do your thang honey!

Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
(what you do).
You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon.
You got soul, you got class.
You got style with your bad ass - oh yeah!
Ain't no other man its true - all right -
Ain't no other man but you.

Just do your thang honey!

Never thought I'd be all right. No, no, no!
Till you came and changed my life. Yeah, yeah, yeah!
What was cloudy now is clear! Yeah, yeah!
You're the light that I needed.
You got what I want boy, and I want it!
So keep on givin' it up!

Tell your mother, your brother, your sister, and your friend.
And the others, your lovers, better not be present tense.
Cause I want everyone to know that you are mine and no one else's!

Oooooooo, oh!

Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
(what you do).
You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon.
You got soul, you got class.
You got style your bad ass - oh yeah!
Ain't no other man it's true - all right -
Ain't no other man but you.

Break it down now!

Ain't no other, ain't, ain't no other! (other)
Ain't no other, ain't, ain't no other LOVER!
Ain't no other, I, I, I need no other!
Ain't no other man but you!

Ohhhh!

You are there when I'm a mess
Talk me down from every ledge
Give me strength, boy you're the best
You're the only one who's ever passed every test

Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
(what you do).
You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon.
(You're the kinda guy, a girl finds oooo yeahh)
You got soul, you got class.
You got style your bad ass - oh yeah!
Ain't no other man it's true - all right -
Ain't no other man but you.

And now I'm tellin' you, so ain't no other man but you.

Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
(what you do).
You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon.
You got soul, you got class.
You got style your bad ass - oh yeah!
Ain't no other man it's true - all right -
Ain't no other man but you.


I also love Tina Turner's "Simply The Best" cause again, the lyrics reflect very nicely how I feel about  Nole,  and because it's a great classic song.



Another song I love is Dido's "Thank You" no reason to explain why, I thank Nole for 4 amazing years, especially last year which was UNBELIEVABLE.




"Thank God I Found You" by Mariah Carey is a song I always loved and I realized lately the lyrics and especially the title reflects how grateful I feel for "finding" Nole.




"Fighter" by Christina aquilera is a song that probably reflects how Nole feels about Federer and Nadal (the offensive parts just about Federer) - Thanks for making me a fighter:




"Survivor" by destiny's child is great too the and the lyrics reflect the message Nole sends out to the haters in the media and the other players especially Federerl and Nadal - I'm a Survivor! :)




 And lastly "Hunter" by Dido cause Nole insists he's the hunter.





If Nole was an animal what kind of animal would he be?

That's a no brainer, Nole is a sleek, beautiful panther!

                                  Image



If you could meet Nole what 3 questions would you ask him?

1. How do you really feel about Federer and what he did to you and your family along the years? (Don't hold back)

2. What do you want to do after you retire?

3. Will you marry me? (ha ha ha) Or at least let me be your personal assistant please?



What would you like to do with Nole if you have the opportunity?

I would like to see all the places of his childhood and and meet his family and his girlfriend and then go to visit Jelena Gencic, his old coach, so I could thank her in person for helping Nole become the champion and man he is today.



What's your favourite Nole-related YouTube video? 
I have two I can't decide between, the first one is a great video by JeanAngel who makes amazing videos of Nole for years now. The second is my own creation so I love it too a lot.



   



What are your favourite Nole quotes? 
  
1. "The war made me a better person because I learned to appreciate things and to take nothing for granted. The war also made me a better tennis player because I swore to myself that I'd prove to the world that there are good Serbs, too."

2.“All of us who went through that came out with their spirit stronger,” he once said. “Now we appreciate the value of life. We know how it feels to be living in 60 square metres being bombed."

3. “Tennis players, we’re always playing in center courts that feel like arenas. And when we get on the court and the crowd cheers your name or salutes you—it’s like you’re a gladiator in the arena. And everyone is cheering—and you’re fighting, you’re screaming, during your strokes—it feels like you’re animal, fighting for your life." 

4. My favourite - "The most special day of my life. This is my favorite tournament, the tournament I always dreamed of winning, the first tournament I ever watched in my life. I think I’m still sleeping and having my dream"(after winning  Wimbledon).



What are your favourite quotes about Nole?

Nick Bollettieri: "Djokovic is the most complete player of all time."

Andre Agassi: “His return is incredible. He sometimes appears as if it’s easier for him to be on the receiving end of a serve, than to serve himself.”

Pete Sampras: "Great mover. He can go from defense to offense better than anyone in the game."

Frew McMillan: "He's got the heart of a superman and the mind of a genius." 



What's your favourite articles about Nole?

Well, last year there were so many wonderful articles  written about Nole...Here are some of my favourites:

I love this one as it tells the full story about Nole's life and who he is - Staring Down History

I also like this one as it includes some quotes I really love - Hot Shot: Novak Djokovic

This article symbolizes the beginning of Nole's ara -  Welcome to the Novak Djokovic Era

And last but not least, this article after USO final - Mr. One More Ball

This year I loved this article a lot - I am the Hunter, Says Novak Djokovic 



If you bought Nole a present what would it be?

I wouldn't buy him anything, I would give him something that I made for him from the heart cause it's most personal and anyway he has enough money to buy himself anything he wants. I would bring him a disc of my YouTube videos, my wallpapers etc, I think he would appreciate my efforts and love it all and hopefully some of it would also make him laugh. I just want to see Nole smiling and laughing and if I could make it happen that would be wonderful.

4 comments:

Billie said...

Song "Dream On" by Aerosmith...because Nole dreamt about being the best when he was a little kid. We should never give up on our dreams...here are the lyrics and the music is nice too:-)


Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
Is books written pages
Live and learn from fools and
From sages
You know it's true, oh
All these things you do come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on
Dream on

moran said...

Beautiful song Billie, feats perfectly for Nole too and less kitschy than my songs (but I still love mine) :)

Anonymous said...

Hello from the guest Veronika....
I find the song One moment in time - Whitney Houston quite fitting:

Each day I live
I want to be
A day to give
The best of me
I'm only one
But not alone
My finest day
Is yet unknown

I broke my heart
Fought every gain
To taste the sweet
I face the pain
I rise and fall
Yet through it all
This much remains

I want one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

I've lived to be
The very best
I want it all
No time for less
I've laid the plans
Now lay the chance
Here in my hands

You're a winner for a lifetime
If you seize that one moment in time
Make it shine

Give me one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will be
I will be

moran said...

Veronika, I love your choice. I heard that songs thousands of times but never realized how perfectly it feats Nole until now. Thank you :)